Monday, May 5, 2014

Kristen & Todd part 1


This is my lovely bride, and I can honestly say the girl is so easy going that working for her and Todd was as easy as pie.    Let me list a few of the things we accomplished in our year together......

I created a binder for her with a 12 month timeline that I tweaked and included everything that needed to be accomplished in a timely manner.  I also created an excel spreadsheet for the mother of the bride so that she can keep up with the cost, deposits, due dates, vendor contact information and budget for the wedding.

Second, we agreed to meet once a month and have something on the list checked off.

Since Kristen's mom lives in Los Angeles, I accompanied the happy couple to the meetings I set up for them to help with negotiations and made sure they asked all the right questions. I kept all the notes, contact information and copies of the contracts.  This way a week or two prior to the wedding I could call and confirm that we were all on the same page and no last minute details were left out.

I was also hired to keep the lovely young bride on track to ensure a nice smooth and stress free wedding.  All i can say I think it was a huge SUCCESS!!  I have received numerous calls from the bride's mother thanking me for a great job.  Which of course made all my hard work worthwhile!!



Do you remember my gift to Kristen for the Bridal shower?  Well, we put all that to good use and decorated the entry table.  I printed their engagement pictures at home, ordered silk rose petals, and brought from home decorative feathered pens.  (Which by the way would not write on the Guest Book, luckily I came prepared with a black marker and that worked!)

I also used Canvas Pop and ordered a 16 x 20 from their engagement photos to display on a decorative easel that the Chateau provided.  More on the Chateau later...that will be a whole blog in itself.


Here are the darling flower girls that I made the baskets for.  Saving the bride $15, every penny helps!
That's me in the background, making the girls practice nice and slow. I had just finished unrolling the aisle runner.  That was a savings of $125 for the bride since I made it.


The gorgeous little ring bearer.  He carried the pillow upside down, and did a great job for a two year old.


We contracted Virginia's Cake and I will use them in a heartbeat. Great professional service, timely, and talented! The flavors they chose were Chocolate with chocolate buttercream and white cake with vanilla buttercream.

Take a gander at the Groom's cake. So creative.

One of my favorite meetings was the cake tasting, super yum! As well as the venue's menu tasting.  Great food.
Groom's Cake with a picture of the 'family" fish a muskie


More tomorrow........






1 comment:

  1. The pictures used were generously shared by family members and guest of the bride and groom. Once I receive the wedding photographers pictures I will replace the Iphone pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete